TOSMI 2007 in Sofia was great!
You can download the resulting TOSMI 2007 videos of black team (above) or white team in original qualtity. There is also the official documentation about TOSMI on googlevideo and creative commons blender models from the above movie.
What happened ...
Learning open source can be so easy, if the right people are around you.
The "trainings on open-source multimedia instruments" is organized by interspace in Sofia. I participated and we got seven days of training for 12 hours a day! I tried to take notes(day1,day2,day3,day4,day5 and day6 - sorry for the notepad style) and set up a TOSMI pinboard with some pictures and renderings of the event.
We covered quite a lot topics. Most training was about blender, we started modelling and rigging, went over to texturing and animation and finally got the core concepts of compositing and video editing. We also used svn, trac, ardur and cinelerra.
Thanx to the trainers ...
- Rui Campos/Portugal (Head of Blender Foundation Education Board)
- Sanu Vamanchery Mana/Indonesia (Senior Faculty Nurtanio University, Indonesia)
- Theodore Dounas/Greece (Phd candidate Aristoteleio University of Thessaloniki)
- Vladimir Petkov/Bulgaria (Member of the board InterSpace Association)
- Peter Slacoc/Bulgaria (eRiders Network)
- Veselin Zografoc/Bulgaria (Musician)
You all did a great job, we learned a lot; special thanx to Margarita for helping the participants!
The trainers released the official TOSMI trainers handbook.